Maidstone for You
An enviable lifestyle in The County Town of Kent
Why choose between tranquil countryside and a vibrant social scene when you can have it all?
Beautiful green spaces, fantastic shopping, fabulous food and drink crafted from local producers, and an array of leisure activities and events; nowhere in Kent offers the best of both worlds quite like Maidstone.
A variety of high quality traditional and new build housing means you’re sure to find your perfect home. And families are spoilt for choice with 11 secondary schools including five rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, and four rated ‘good’. Whatever lifestyle you dream of, you’ll find it in Maidstone.
Live life at your pace
Countryside & green spaces
- Maidstone lies within the Kentish Downs
- Surrounded by countryside and charming historic villages, with numerous cycle & walking routes
- Over a quarter of the borough within the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- 12 green spaces and parks, including 4 Green Flag parks
Heritage & visitor attractions
- A wealth of attractions from the broad collections at Maidstone Museum, to family fun at the farm at Kent Life, vineyards and distilleries
- Home to “The Loveliest Castle in the World”, Leeds Castle
- Over 2,000 listed buildings, the 3rd highest in Kent
- 41 conservation areas, including six in the town centre
Shopping & socialising
- Variety of shopping destinations: Fremlin’s Walk, The Mall, St Peter’s Wharf, Royal Star Arcade & Newnham Court Shopping Village
- Twice weekly Maidstone Market
- Extensive choice of nightclubs, bars, restaurants, music, theatre & comedy
- Lockmeadow leisure complex features a cinema, bowling, trampoline park, and global independent food hall
Keep up to date with Maidstone
Sign up to our newsletters