Maidstone for You
An enviable lifestyle in The County Town of Kent
Why choose between tranquil countryside and a vibrant social scene when you can have it all?
Beautiful green spaces, fantastic shopping, fabulous food and drink crafted from local producers, and an array of leisure activities and events; nowhere in Kent offers the best of both worlds quite like Maidstone.
A variety of high quality traditional and new build housing means you’re sure to find your perfect home. And families are spoilt for choice with four Grammar schools, seven Secondary schools; including five rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted. Whatever lifestyle you dream of, you’ll find it in Maidstone.
Live life at your pace
Countryside & green spaces
- Maidstone lies within the Kentish Downs
- Surrounded by countryside and charming historic villages, with numerous cycle & walking routes
- Over a quarter of the borough within the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- 12 green spaces and parks, including 4 Green Flag parks
Heritage & visitor attractions
- A wealth of attractions from the broad collections at Maidstone Museum, to family fun at the farm at Kent Life, vineyards and distilleries
- Home to “The Loveliest Castle in the World”, Leeds Castle
- Over 2,000 listed buildings, the 3rd highest in Kent
- 41 conservation areas, including six in the town centre
- Find out more at Visit Maidstone
Shopping & socialising
- Variety of shopping destinations: Fremlin’s Walk, The Mall, St Peter’s Wharf, Royal Star Arcade & Newnham Court Shopping Village
- Twice weekly Maidstone Market
- Extensive choice of nightclubs, bars, restaurants, music, theatre & comedy
- Lockmeadow leisure complex features a cinema, bowling, trampoline park, and global independent food hall
Keep up to date with Maidstone
Sign up to our newsletters